We are looking for home care (domiciliary care) workers to work with adults in their homes in Enfield, Edmonton, Winchmore Hill, Palmers Green, Southgate and Green Lanes areas. You will be fully supported and training will be provided.
Elmich Care provides high-quality person-centred care that meets individuals’ needs in their own homes. People who use services are at the centre of everything we do; service users and family are involved from assessment, care delivery and ongoing monitoring and quality assurance. Our services are outcome-based, targeted at improving the well-being of people who use service.
HOME CARE SUPPORT WORKER JOB DESCRIPTION
This is a summary of the job description with the work content and nature of the post and its role in the Elmich Care. It does not specify every aspect of the job in detail and broad headings covering only the primary responsibilities of the post have been used. It is implicit that the usual associated routines & duties are included and that staff will work flexibly and undertake the obligations required by the Elmich Care.
Overall Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of the care provided by Home Care workers is to support individuals who choose to remain in the comfort and security of their own homes and to help them live as independent and active lives as possible by supporting them in person-centred way. The tasks you undertake will be agreed by the service user and the care coordinator or the Registered Manager once they have assessed the service user’s needs. This will be written down in the individual support plan, which will be kept in the service user’s home. This document will specify your duties for each individual service user you work with and it will be your responsibility to follow this and other supporting documents, reporting any changes in need that you or your service users identify.
The Home care support worker will be responsible for meeting the personal needs of service users. He/she will assist in meeting the care support and daily living needs of the service user and to provide care and any additional support as required in accordance with Elmich Care’s quality standards.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
Key Results Area:
The following list gives examples of the type of duties you may undertake. All of these should be done in a manner which encourages service users towards the maximum degree of independence and activity appropriate to their abilities;
- assisting getting up in the morning including washing/bathing and dressing and maintaining personal appearance
- assisting with undressing and getting to bed in the evening
- assisting with preparation of meals, drinks and snacks when necessary
- provide assistance with toileting and changing clothes and/or bedding where necessary
- To maintain commodes and wash clothes and bed linen (which may include soiled laundry) when necessary
- provide assistance with other tasks of personal daily living that you cannot manage and provide general support as part of a caring team
- Assist and encourage the management of medication or administer where necessary and appropriate, and monitoring health related conditions such as dietary & fluid
- To help service users with mobility difficulties, or other physical disabilities, including incontinence. To help in the use of aids and other personal
Standards of Performance:
- Manager/Service User satisfaction
- Feedback from Manager
- Service User’s personal hygiene and comfort is maintained at all times
- Ensure Service Users maintain their dignity and participate in normal daily activities
- Measure of Effectiveness:
- Manager, Staff & Service User Feedback
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- To undertake or supervise the personal care of service users, preparation of appropriate meals, shopping, bill payment & collection of prescriptions and general household
- Ensure service users retain individuality and personal dignity by promoting high standards of care and encouraging independence where appropriate.
- Ensure that different cultural needs are catered for
- To respect the confidential nature of the
- To provide direct care to service users as circumstances
- To attend meetings, case conferences and training courses as
- Contribute to an effective system of communication within the team, by discussion and regular team meetings.
- To undertake such duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature, as may be determined by the Home Care Manager from time to time in consultation with the post
- To ensure that the Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities policies are implemented at all
- To undertake any other duties specified by
Responsibility for Resources:
- Gloves aprons and all protective work
- Working with the elderly (formal or informal) desirable (a & i)
- An ability to handle emergency situations (i)
- Effective verbal communication skills (i)
- Good interpersonal skills (i)
- A good knowledge of equal opportunities (i)
- Ability to work as a team member (a & i)
- Ability to work under own initiative (i)
- A detailed understanding of other cultures and some familiarity with diversity (i)
- Basic numeracy & literacy skills essential (a)
- Use of own vehicle essential (a)
- Previous experience working in Homecare setting (a)
- Relevant NVQ or similar qualifications (a)
- Experience in organising and facilitating group activities for an elderly client group (a)
- Understanding elderly health issues (a & i)
(a) Denotes that the evidence will be identified on the application
(i) Denotes that the evidence will be identified in the interview
(a & i) Denotes that the evidence will be identified on the application and in the interview